Peg has been busy working with other artists and artisans to form an artisan's co-op in town. They have set up shop in an older purple, yes purple, house near downtown. She has a lovely display of her jewelry and was actually the first one of all of them to have sales! We all know how lovely her jewelry is so that's really no surprise to us.
I've been busy with the outdoor club and the SAR group. Not necessarily just in hikes and missions but in fundraising, parades, meetings, trainings, etc. We're like a bunch of ants when you stir the mound with a stick, running this way and that at a frenzied pace!
July must mean another parade! The outdoor club did its float decorating here at the house. It looked rather rainy that day so we brought it into the garage. Thank goodness one of the guys allowed us to use his raft and trailer or we might have been up a creek without a paddle (or a raft!) for float ideas. They are a great bunch of folks and we had great fun and pizza afterwards.
I was not part of the actual outdoor float, however, since I had already committed to decorate (earlier that same day) and ride on the Search & Rescue float in the parade.
I have to look back on my calendar to remember what's been going on as I continue to add to this blog and it seems there is something on every day but not necessarily stuff you want to hear about! I've been able to attend a couple of SAR conference/mock missions/classes which have been really interesting to me but perhaps not so very interesting to everyone. I passed my SarTech II field exam which means I'm fully capable of carrying a bunch of stuff, finding my way somewhere, roping up and getting someone out. I think I get a patch for my shirt, maybe, if I want to pay for it.
Mom and I went to Colorado Springs and enjoyed our trip up and down Pike's Peak. Whew, what a drive. Not for the faint of heart. It IS a 14er and that's a long ways up especially when there aren't any guard rails.
Found some really nice drums at the Chimney Rock Market Festival nearby. They are now on our wall.

We had a hankering to visit Ruidoso, NM a couple of weeks back so we buzzed on down. We both won a few dollars at the horse races. It was rainy and sloppy but nice and cool. We, of course, had to go enjoy the chuckwagon food and entertainment of the Flying J Wranglers. It was entertaining and funny, as always.
Tom, Susan, and Landon paid a visit from scorched Wichita Falls. Two days, two rounds of golf. Does that surprise anyone?!
Mom and I went to Colorado Springs and enjoyed our trip up and down Pike's Peak. Whew, what a drive. Not for the faint of heart. It IS a 14er and that's a long ways up especially when there aren't any guard rails.
Found some really nice drums at the Chimney Rock Market Festival nearby. They are now on our wall.
Tom, Susan, and Landon paid a visit from scorched Wichita Falls. Two days, two rounds of golf. Does that surprise anyone?!
Not long ago, we decided to explore a forest road that took us to a trailhead I needed to find, Platoro where relatives have a vacation place, and some beautiful scenery. That is forest road 380 (Park Creek Rd.) for anyone that wants to explore themselves. We found both the trailhead and Platoro as well as the Conejos River and its beautiful valley.
I went on one of the outdoor club's hikes a while back, down another forest road (639) aka Fall Creek Road. We bushwacked up a ridge and found some beautiful cliffs and rock outcroppings speckled with colombine flowers and others. As you can see, there was still some patches of snow in the protected areas.